Part of the series enVisionMATHS - Maths Thinking Skills Book.
enVisionMATHS is a topic-driven teaching and learning program aligned with the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics. enVisionMATHS combines powerful visual learning strategies that make meaningful connections between known and new maths ideas for your students, with breakthrough digital teaching and learning tools that cater to each teacher's technological expertise. Differentiated teaching and learning strategies allow you to tailor your methods to improve students' learning. Program components can be adapted to all primary Maths classrooms around Australia and can be taught in any order. enVisionMATHS was written by nationally and internationally recognised academics and leading classroom teachers from across the country. View Sample Pages
Features and BenefitsenVisionMATHS Features
- Powerful visual learning strategies
- Contains embedded, differentiated teaching and learning opportunities
- Includes convenient topic-based resources
- Written to align with the Australian Curriculum: Maths content and proficiency strands.
- Teachers have the very best of both worlds: colour-coded topic booklets to plan units of work straight from the box, Maths Thinking Skills Books, Maths background knowledge, differentiation strategies, instructional questions, suggested lesson sequences, assessment tasks which save valuable time when preparing for NAPLANs … plus breakthrough digital teaching and learning tools that are innovative and lesson/topic based
- Students are captivated by contemporary animations and other visual representations of maths ideas
- Differentiation allows teachers to effectively reach every student, giving them the opportunity to succeed
- Every investigation, digital task, mental computation activity, game, homework sheet, assessment task and planning module is topic-based so teachers don't have to search for relevant extra elements
- Up-to-date and future-ready as the Australian Curriculum is implemented across the country.
- A Teacher Resource Box
- An Interactive Whiteboard DVD
- A Student Activity Book
- An Activity Zone
- A Maths Thinking Skills Book (one for F-2 and one for 3-6).
Teacher Resource Box
- A comprehensive, easy-to-use teacher booklet for each of 12-13 topics, including planning and assessment resources
- Overview and Implementation Guide
- A DVD containing differentiated worksheets, PDFs of Visual Learning Bridges, pre- and post- assessments and editable planning formats for the specified year level and also for the year above and the year below.
Interactive Whiteboard DVD
- Captivating visual learning animations and videos explicitly teach the underlying maths concepts in each topic
- Visual learning bridges use still versions of the animations to bridge maths comprehension for a deep conceptual understanding
- Tools4Maths: Digital tools for interactive work at the whiteboard or in groups.
Student Activity Book
- Allows for further conceptual understanding, fluency building, reasoning, mental computation and open-ended problem-solving
- Full-colour design is engaging and visually appealing
- Years F-2 are scrapbook size.
- Sturdy laminated cards, colour-coded and topic-based, to promote interaction between students and make Maths learning meaningful and enjoyable Investigations, digital activities, games and (for Years 3-6) mental computation cards
- Opportunities for differentiation through levelled games and (for Years 3-6) increasing difficulty of fluency quizzes for mental computation.
Maths Thinking Skills Book (F-2 and 3-6)
- Links directly to the cards in the Activity Zone
- Allows your students to record their Maths thinking in areas such as mental computation, games strategies, investigations and reflection
- Provides a valuable portfolio of your students' Maths thinking and goals for the year to aid assessment.
Resource OverviewYear 1 Overview Year 4 Overview Proficiency, straight from the box Colour-coded topic booklets allow teachers to plan units of work, straight from the box, and a Maths Thinking Skills Book provides a written student record for assessment purposes. The program aligns with Australian Curriculum Mathematics content and proficiency strands, and features expansive teacher support materials including maths background knowledge, differentiation strategies, instructional questions, suggested lesson sequences, and a range of assessment tasks. These tasks save valuable time when preparing for NAPLANs. In response to increased parental involvement in education, formats for informing parents of the program's content at the commencement of each topic, along with differentiated worksheets for homework are provided. Online resources add exponential teaching power enVisionMATHS incorporates a breakthrough suite of digital teaching and learning tools that enrich the digital learning environment and cater to an individual teacher's technological expertise. These digital components are captivating, innovative and lesson/topic based, so they save teachers time and are easily used in a variety of learning settings. Developed by practical experts enVisionMATHS has an extensive expert author and consultancy team, including nationally and internationally recognised researchers and leading classroom teachers from across the country. What the experts had to say "Most, if not all, important mathematics concepts and procedures can best be taught through problem-solving." - Dr John Van de Walle, enVisionMATHS author "Sequential visual learning has been proven to be a great asset for teaching children, especially in teaching mathematics." - Stuart Murphy, enVisionMATHS Visual Learning Specialist "enVisionMATHS has been developed around contemporary approaches to learning and teaching, and a developmental view of how children learn mathematics. I wish it had been around when I was in the classroom - it will be an invaluable resource for all Australian schools." - Deborah Vietri, Education and Curriculum Consultant (Victoria) and enVisionMATHS author
enVisionMATHS Teacher Resource Box 3The enVisionMATHS Teacher Resource Box 3 provides expansive teacher support materials to help you plan and implement lessons easily. A total of 13 comprehensive, easy-to-use teacher topic booklets are provided, each booklet containing all the planning and assessment information and tools necessary to implement the enVisionMATHS program. The Overview and Implementation Guide is also found in the Teacher Resource Box, outlining comprehensively how enVisionMATHS covers the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics' content and proficiency strands. The Teacher Resource DVD, which is also included within the Teacher Resource Box, contains editable planning formats, approximately 750 differentiated student worksheets and PDFs of the visual learning bridges and assessment items. Features
- The Teacher Resource Box is a compact storage box, for protection and portability.
- 13 comprehensive, easy-to-use teacher topic booklets are provided, which include all the planning and assessment information and tools necessary to implement the enVisionMATHS program.
- Includes the Overview and Implementation Guide, outlining comprehensively how enVisionMATHS covers the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics' content and proficiency strands.
- The Teacher Resource DVD contains editable planning formats, student worksheets and PDFs of the Visual Learning Bridges (VLBs) and assessment items.
enVisionMATHS Interactive Whiteboard DVD 3The enVisionMATHS Interactive Whiteboard DVD contains powerful visual learning strategies to reinforce lessons and topics. With 88 captivating Visual Learning Animations (VLAs), Year 3 has a VLA for every lesson. These engaging, interactive animations provide step-by-step maths models with fun characters and clear audio to help students visualise maths and explicitly teach the underlying maths concepts in each topic. Visual Learning Bridges (VLBs) and Tools4Maths are also supplied on the DVD. For every VLA, there is a VLB. VLBs use still images extracted from the animations to bridge maths comprehension for a deep conceptual understanding, which are also found in the Student Activity Book and Teacher Resource DVD. Tools4Maths provides eleven different maths tools for interactive whiteboard demonstrations or group work, with the activity zone digital cards.
- Powerful visual learning strategies which reinforce enVisionMATHS lessons and topics.
- Captivating Visual Learning Animations (VLAs) for every lesson.
- The interactive VLAs provide step-by-step maths models to help students visualise maths and explicitly teach the underlying maths concepts.
- VLAs directly link to Visual Learning Bridges (VLBs), for bridging maths comprehension together for a deeper conceptual understanding, with one VLB for every lesson.
- VLBs also available in Student Activity Book and the Teacher Resource DVD.
- A suitable resource for big groups, small groups or even individual instruction.
- Tools4Maths provides eleven different maths tools for interactive whiteboard demonstrations or group work, with the activity zone digital cards.
- Aligns with the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics content and proficiency strands.
enVisionMATHS Student Activity Book 3The enVisionMATHS Student Activity Book 3 is a full-colour printed workbook where students can develop their conceptual understanding, fluency building, reasoning and mental computation. Each lesson also includes an open ended problem solving task to complete the lesson. enVisionMATHS is aligned with the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics content and proficiency strands. Each lesson in the Student Activity Book displays the specific curriculum links at the top left-hand corner of the page. Features
- Full-colour page spreads engage and appeal to students.
- Allows for further conceptual understanding, fluency building, reasoning and mental computation.
- Includes open ended problem solving in every lesson.
- Aligns with Australian Curriculum: Mathematics content and proficiency strands.
enVisionMATHS Activity Zone Box 3The enVisionMATHS Activity Zone Box 3 provides you with a box of sturdy laminated cards. These cards are colour-coded and topic-based, designed to promote interaction between students and make Maths learning meaningful and enjoyable. Investigations, digital activities, games and mental computation (minds) cards are all available for Years 3-6. Space for students to respond to these cards is provided in the enVisionMATHS Thinking Skills Book 3-6. Four copies of one digital activities card, two copies of two different minds cards, two copies of three different investigations cards and one copy of four different games cards are supplied per topic. Copies are provided by card type in anticipation of varying group sizes for various tasks. Minds cards provide quiz questions and investigations cards provide several research questions which are progressively more complex, and games cards are divided into two levels of complexity, as one or two star versions of the games, allowing you to cater for a range of abilities within your classroom.
- Cards are colour-coded and topic-based.
- Cards are sturdy and laminated, protected against classroom wear and tear.
- Encourages interaction between students and strives to make Maths learning meaningful and enjoyable.
- A range of cards are available to support your topics, including investigations, digital activities, games and mental computation (minds) cards.
- Four copies of one digital activities card, two copies of two different minds cards, two copies of three different investigations cards and one copy of four different games cards are supplied per topic.
- Minds, investigations and games cards provide progressively more complex challenges to students, allowing you to cater for a range of abilities.
- The Maths Thinking Skills Book 3-6 provides students with space to respond to these cards.
- Aligns with the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics content and proficiency strands.
enVisionMATHS Thinking Skills Book 3-6The enVisionMATHS Thinking Skills Book 3-6 is a workbook where students can record their maths thinking and reflections. Students use their Thinking Skills Book to record responses to the various activity cards in the Activity Zone (enVision Minds, enVision Investigations, enVision Games, enVision Digital, My Reflections and My Maths Language). Pages are colour coordinated to match the activity card it is associated with. This provides a valuable portfolio of the student's maths thinking and goals throughout the year.
- Allows students to record their maths thinking and reflections.
- A valuable portfolio of the student's maths thinking and goals.
- Links directly to the activity cards in the Activity Zone - with pages colour coordinated to match the referenced card.
- Aligns with the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics content and proficiency strands.
Teacher reactions to enVisionMATHS
enVisionMATHS Tutorial Videos
Tutorial 1: Introduction
Tutorial 1.1: OverviewPDF: Tutorial 1.1: Overview
Tutorial 1.2: ComponentsPDF: Tutorial 1.2: Components
Tutorial 1.3: Suggested Teaching SequencePDF: Tutorial 1.3: Suggested Teaching Sequence
Tutorial 2: Planning, Differentiation and Group Work
Tutorial 2.1: PlanningPDF: Tutorial 2.1:Planning
Tutorial 2.2: DifferentiationPDF: Tutorial 2.2: Differentiation
Tutorial 2.3: Group WorkPDF: Tutorial 2.3: Group Work
Tutorial 3: Assessment
Tutorial 3.1: Assessment OverviewPDF: Tutorial 3.1: Assessment Overview
Tutorial 3.2: Diagnostic AssessmentsPDF: Tutorial 3.2: Diagnostic Assessments
Tutorial 4: Tools4Maths
Tutorial 4.1: Tools4Maths OverviewPDF: Tutorial 4.1: Tools4Maths Overview
Tutorial 4.2: Tools4Maths ToolsPDF: Tutorial 4.2: Tools4Maths Tools
Tutorial 4.3: Tools4Maths NavigationPDF: Tutorial 4.3: Tools4Maths Navigation
Tutorial 5: Teaching a Lesson
Tutorial 5.1: Teaching a F to 2 LessonPDF: Tutorial 5.1: Teaching a F to 2 Lesson
Tutorial 5.2: Teaching a 3 to 6 LessonPDF: Tutorial 5.2: Teaching a 3 to 6 Lesson
Visual Learning Animations (VLAs) & Topic Opener VideosBetween 78 and 89 enVisionMATHS Visual Learning Animations (VLAs) are found on each Interactive Whiteboard (IWB) DVD for Foundation to Year 4. These captivating animations are designed to explicitly teach the underlying maths concepts in each lesson of enVisionMATHS. The enVisionMATHS program for Years 5 and 6 varies slightly, having Topic Opener Videos, rather than VLAs. Topic Opener Videos introduce a whole topic, rather than individual lessons to better suit learning styles for this age group. Topic Opener Videos all start with a brief introduction, followed by an opening animation and 3-4 minutes of topic exploration. "It's a fantastic resource. The animations and support material are very clear, precise and stimulating." - Kym Lilley, Suncoast Christian College Examples of VLAs and a Topic Opener Video can be found below. Please note that you would control the speed of the VLAs and Topic Opener Videos by using the back and forward arrows on the bottom right hand side of the screen, however for the purposes of these recordings, we have controlled these buttons for you.
Watch the Revising 10 Visual Learning Animation (Foundation, Topic 9, Lesson 1)
Watch the Sharing Equally Visual Learning Animation (Foundation, Topic 10, Lesson 4)
Watch an extract from a Topic Opener Video (Year 6, Topic 9)
FAQQ: How is enVisionMATHS different to other maths teaching systems? A: enVisionMATHS is the only maths teaching program that combines modular print-based teaching resources with breakthrough digital teaching and learning tools. The combination of print and digital teaching tools makes enVisionMATHS unique - and exponentially more effective. The use of visual learning bridges and animations is also unique and provides for deep conceptual understanding of Maths in accordance with the aims of the Australian Curriculum. Q: Couldn't I just google the online maths teaching resources? A: Googling this broad topic returns almost 2,000,000 responses. By the time you've sorted these into the categories and formats you want, you could have prepared a lesson. enVisionMATHS resources are professionally researched, created and collated to be 100% relevant to Australian students and teachers and the Australian Curriculum. Q: Why not just teach the way I've always taught? A: All the research into primary learning points to significant changes taking place. Parents want more accountability and consistency, while students want interactive, engaging learning experiences. In response, enVisionMATHS delivers a direct, instructional and measurable approach to learning Maths basics, gift wrapped within a framework of interactivity, involvement and cross-media platforms. Q: I have a multi-age classroom. How does enVisionMATHS address this? A: Through provision of particular resources at each level (for example skills trace, differentiated worksheets, games at two levels, maths computation questions with increasing complexity) enVisionMATHS provides resources that allow you to plan a pathway for different ages and levels. The Overview and Implementation Guide at each level provides advice on implementation of the program in multi-age classes.
View Other Year Levels in the enVisionMATHS seriesFoundation Year 1 Year 2 Year 4 Year 5 Year 6
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Author(s)||Catherine Attard, Terri Bullock, Linda Flanagan, Judy Lewis, Carmen Morgan, Nicole Morrison, Heidi-Lee Reitsma, John Sandy, Jenny Saunders, Greg Thomas and Deborah Vietri.|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.