Part of the series Colonial People Series.
Explore colonial Australia through its community members. Focusing on different occupations, this intriguing series explores aspects of everyday life, job responsibilities and social activities in colonial Australia. Using a range of text types they immerse students in the period, painting a picture of life from the workers' point of view.
- Extracts from a range of primary and secondary sources
- 1st-person narrative features
- Illustrated 'A Day in the Life' case studies
- Hands-on projects
- Convict Labourers
- Domestic Servants
- Gold Diggers
Focusing on squatters, this intriguing book explores aspects of everyday life, job responsibilities and social activities in colonial Australia.
- Colonial people: Squatters
- Welcome to the sheep station
- Inside our home
- What we eat
- What we wear
- How we get the work done
- A working day
- For leisure and pleasure
- An outing to town
- A big day at the sheep station
- Meet the real squatters
- Exploring the squatter experience
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6,|
|Author(s)||Carmel Reilly & Samantha Frappell|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.