A Framework for Supply Chains: Logistics Operations in the Asia-Pacific Region is the only book available which deals with the unique conditions of transport and logistics in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia-Pacific region. The student-friendly writing style provides a comprehensive yet concise overview of logistics as the science and art of availability.
The book is mapped to the relevant core and elective competencies of the TLI07 Training Package. It is perfect for those studying Diploma of Logistics, Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Business (Operations Management) and suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate level logistics courses.
Competency Mapping Grid
"I have reviewed the above mentioned text [A Framework for Supply Chains: Logistics Operations in the Asia-Pacific Region by Oakden] and it is an exceptional piece of work (fantastic). The entire book is well researched, presented in a user friendly manner and I believe fits perfectly into our program."
David Thoars Teacher, Tasmania Polytechnic
“We would recommend this book to the serious students and trainers wanting to learn and apply Management and Logistical Techniques to Supply Chains environments in our region.”
Daniel Nand & Anthony Attard Teachers, Kangan Institute
"I like the fact that it is a localised version – after seeing all the materials on transport or logistics from the USA. The questions at the conclusion of each chapter are well-written and require thought on the part of participants in discussions. Also nice that they are divided between operational/planning/managerial – nice touch! This makes the discussion questions much more useful than in several other text books I've looked at recently."
Dr Lincoln Wood Senior Lecturer, Curtin University
Part A: Logistics and Supply Chains
- Ch. 1: The Enterprise, Logistics and its Supply Chains
- Ch. 2: Planning for the Future
- Ch. 3: Logistics Challenges within Industry Sectors
Part B: Logistics Operations
- Ch. 4: Supply Chains and Logistics in the Asia Pacific
- Ch. 5: Logistics Service Providers (LSP) and their roles
- Ch. 6: Global Trade Management & Logistics Operations
- Ch. 7: Transport within Logistics
- Ch. 8: Distribution Centres, Warehouses and Stores Operations
PART C: Integrating Demand and Supply
- Ch. 9: Customer Service and Logistics
- Ch. 10: Inventory – Balancing Demand and Supply
- Ch. 11: Planning and Scheduling the Enterprise
- Ch. 12: Procurement and Logistics
PART D: Management, Measurement and Improvement of Logistics Operations
- Ch. 13: Managing the Logistics Function
- Ch. 14: Accounting for Logistics
- Ch. 15: IT and Communications in Logistics
- Ch. 16: Improving Logistics
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Author(s)||Roger Oakden & Katia Leonaite|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.